77 plymouth fury salon

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2024, 03:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
77 plymouth fury salon

Hey all new to the forum! I left the Marine Corps in Sept and I've had this gem tucked away after I inherited it from my grandad in 2019 after we pulled it out of the barn it was parked in, in 83 any advice for this sucker would be great! Just popped new wheels and tires on them 70s cop car wheels and then since rodents got to the wiring I've been struggling to trace and fix all the wires so if anyone has a wiring diagram or point me in the right direction to get one that would be great! It has the original 400 big block and tranny and only has 45k miles on it. My grandad parked it due to the electric ignition box messing up? I can't remember exactly what it was called but otherwise all the parts are pretty much there! Anyway thank you and hopefully yall have some good wisdom I can learn!
Old 02-27-2024, 04:19 PM
Mopar Fanatic

Received 86 Likes on 79 Posts
Thanks for your service! The only advice at this stage is ..........after you drain and fill with new oil and filter make sure you prime it for a bit prior to starting. Youtube has some good videos on priming a Mopar big block. Sitting since 83 it's very crucial to prime that engine and cross your fingers.
Old 02-27-2024, 06:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Kuvasz101
Thanks for your service! The only advice at this stage is ..........after you drain and fill with new oil and filter make sure you prime it for a bit prior to starting. Youtube has some good videos on priming a Mopar big block. Sitting since 83 it's very crucial to prime that engine and cross your fingers. How To Prime An Engine (youtube.com)
Thank you! That's one thing my grandad did well with he made sure to drain it completely and left it on an engine stand when he parked it and wrapped it with plastic so i could turn it with my hand when i pulled her out of the grave. I did have to put a new camshaft in it so it's defiantly going to need the full break in procedure for sure. Tranny is a little rougher but I think it'll be alright. Wiring though is messed up bad, squirrels or rats were in the engine bay and bit through the headlight wires and a few more I can't identify but firewall wires are good, I haven't looked at the dash wires yet that's on tomorrow's list