Plymouth Barracuda 1965 - 67

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2020, 08:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Plymouth Barracuda 1965 - 67

Hi, greetings from "across the pond" in Bonnie Scotland" UK. Just joined and seeking some general advice with the view to purchasing a Plymouth Barracuda. Ideally I would be looking for a good original low mileage car either 1965 - 67, Notch Back or fast back with sensible mods/upgrades. I currently own a 66 Mustang coupe which would have to go, should I decide on a Barracuda. Just looking for general advice on what to look out for and what to avoid etc. Living in the UK one of my main concerns would be parts availability either NOS or repro. I have never had any problems with mustang parts. Just wondering how easy it would be to get basic serviceable parts like oil filters, gasgets, wheel bearings, break parts, timing chains etc. What is the dealer network like for spares? Also, my Mustang currently sits in quite a small garage so can anyone tell me what the size difference would be? At this moment in time, I have never actually seen a Barracuda in the flesh. Only in adverts and yutube clips. There are a great number of American classic cars and trucks in the UK but not so many Barracudas around. So guys, if anyone would care to give me their take on whether I should swap the Mustang for a Barracuda, it would be good to hear your comments. I would love to keep them both but current finances say no. I have owned the mustang for 5 years and it has proved to be a very reliable car. Only main change has been to swap the original carb for a Holly 4 barrel. I know its bit of a general question, but are there any major reliability issues with Barracudas? Best regards Gary Young