Complete wiring kit 84 d250 318 with schangians!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2023, 05:14 PM

Location: Technically Orlando, but usually when posting on the crapper.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Complete wiring kit 84 d250 318 with schangians!!!!

I am too the point of just rewiring the entire truck. I have so many janky wires, splies, and disconnected cables i have no idea what's what. Examples are I can get my low lights only and no running rear lights with the headlight fuse in, but no headlights and running lights with it in. And the headlights flash with the flasher. There are cables mashed under random fuses running to random places, and just about 9000 other schangians. I also want to get all the dash lights working since nothing is currently. All vacuum lines are off, including the carb, and the carb has a zip tied cable on it for the choke. There's an MSD ignition box in the engine bat, but it's not actually hooked up. What I'm thinking is best would be to rip all the wires out and get a new wiring kit and vacuum kit hooked up. It would be nice to direct airflow again and get the ac running again. I was told it still works. I will be also be replacing the dryer, new oil, and refilling the system with duster or propane when the time comes.

It's a mess. TBH it's just an old farm truck l, but I really want to get everything working correctly again. What harnesses would yall suggest and/or what do you think someone would charge to do the work? I'm a decent shade tree mechanic but, I also know my limits and personal time constraints. If you want pics, I can grab them in the morning. The good thing is she fires up like a scalded cat even after sitting for a month, does not burn any oil, and only a little coolant leak.
Old 03-15-2023, 06:54 PM
Super Moderator

Received 501 Likes on 483 Posts
Finding a wiring harness in a junkyard can help, just get the whole damn thing!
Old 03-15-2023, 07:20 PM

Location: Technically Orlando, but usually when posting on the crapper.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Iowan
Finding a wiring harness in a junkyard can help, just get the whole damn thing!
that's my thoughts but some google-fu has turned up some resonable new ones it seems. Its such a mess its comedic at this time. I will post pics tomorrow