1973 Dodge Dart Swinger 318 2 Door - Lots of Questions

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2023, 08:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1973 Dodge Dart Swinger 318 2 Door - Lots of Questions

Thank you all for the add! I haven't been on a forum and used it for something like this in a great many years, and aside from my excitement to be building this car with my father, this forum experience is feeling very nostalgic for me as well!

I purchased this car last year and have steady been working on it, replacing and updating things.

Here are some questions I have currently that I hope you all might be able to assist with:

1.) I am replacing the plastic bushings on the windshield wiper arms. I was able to get them into the arms no problem, but am struggling to snap them over the "ball joints" on the motor and wipers themselves. I am wondering if there is a method to this I am missing or if anyone has experience with something that worked well for them?

2.) I need to replace the dash cluster light bulb sockets, but the set I found online and ordered was too small. Does anyone have a link for where I can purchase the correct sockets?

3.) On the headlight switch in the instrument cluster, there is the full size plug prongs on the left side and then one single prong off the back of it that had nothing plugged up to it. Is this a ground or something else? Does it need to have something plugged up to it?

I am sure that there will be more questions as I go, but this is where I am currently stumped. Thank you in advance for your help!

I will add this forum to my phone soon and add more photos and video, but here is what I have quickly accessible:

Old 01-07-2023, 05:36 PM
Mopar Lover

Received 879 Likes on 858 Posts
Welcome to the site,
1. Plyers or a small pair of Channel locks works for me.....
2. Check with Auveco Products and Dorman Classic Car parts.
3. You can get Free wiring info from MYMOPAR.COM >>>> Got to Resources under the wiring and look for your year and down load it... Its free at No Charge...

https://mymopar.com/wiring-and-electrical/